“My house shall be called a house of prayer for all nations.”
We are LoveHOP – Love House of Prayer – and we’ve been called to pray in Signal Hill for the Greater Long Beach Area.
We live in precarious times and events are unfolding at pace causing many to fear. In the midst of the shaking, the Lord spoke through Hosea 6:3 that says, “Let us know, let us pursue the knowledge of the Lord. His going forth is established as the morning; He will come to us like rain, like the latter and former rain to the earth.”
“My house shall be called a house of prayer?” Is the house simply the church and those who attend it?
We believe that the Spirit speaks this word both to individuals and to corporate communities. Individually, each one of us is called to be a house of prayer, a secret place of sacrifice and intercession for the church and for the world. Corporately, when these individuals come together to seek God’s face and make Him known, they become a church. To each church community God gives a particular strength and calling, which are meant to be expressed in unity with other church communities in the Body of Christ. To fight for this, is to fight for the fullness of the revelation of Jesus Christ—to contend for love on earth! This is our vision as a corporate house of prayer, and as God gives us power to see disciples made, our land will go on from glory to glory—a reflection of heaven—as men and woman are saved, and brought together to seek the face of God in prayer and worship. We are believing for the nations to come to Jesus Christ as our inheritance as we are His.
Night and Day Perpetual Prayer/Worship Past & Today:
– 1000 BC: King David placed a tent on a hill for the Ark of the Covenant and established 288 prophetic singers and 4,000 musicians to “make petition, to give thanks and praise to the Lord” day and night. – 1 Chron. 15:1-6; 16:1-6; 23:5; 25:7
– 1727 AD: Count Von Zinzendorf and the Morovians: Within two weeks of an outpouring of the Holy Spirit, twenty-four men and women made a promise two pray around the clock with each taking one hour shifts, which continued for over 100 years and birthed what many Christians know today as the “Modern Missions Movement.” Their famous slogan as they gave themselves to missions birthed from prayer was, “May the Lamb that was slain receive the rewards of His sufferings.”
– 1973 AD: David Yonggi Cho established “Prayer Mountain” in South Korea with day and night prayer. In the book, “Prayer: Key to Revival,” Yonggi Cho says that the church that he oversees, which is the largest church in the world, can find its phenomenal growth rooted in prayer.
– 1999 AD: International House of Prayer in Kansas City, CA (IHOP-KC) officially launched day and night prayer making it the first 24/7 house of prayer in the United States. In November 2009, IHOP University experienced an ongoing awakening until 2010 that touched 6,000 people with testimonies of emotional and physical healing from all over the world, and they have had the privilege of baptizing over 1,700 people.
– 2009 AD: Love House of Prayer (LoveHOP) in Signal Hill, CA opened its doors for 24/7 prayer and worship. To know where we came from as a movement, you must look at the accounts of what happened at CSULB and its spiritual legacy.