- John 5:31-47 (The Four-fold witness)
o Witness of the Spirit of God within you
§ The voice of the Father (John 5:37)
§ Is God speaking to you about it when you seek Him in the matter?
o Witness from other believers
§ The burning and shining lamps (verse 32,33)
§ Is there someone else godly that is saying the same thing?
o The greater witness than other believers: the person's works/deeds (verse 36)
§ 16 You will know them by their fruits.-Matt 7
§ The growth in their lives in God will tell you whether or not they are of God.
o The Scriptures (verse 39)
§ 2 Tim 3:16,17 “all scripture is given by inspiration of God… for instruction in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work.”
§ Do not do anything that is against the character of God or the nature of God. He will never tell you to sin.
Moving in Kingdom Prophetic
- relationship with the Holy Spirit.
- ask Him to possess your soul (heart/mind/emotions) and your body.
· the mind for discernment/understanding/wisdom
· the "knowing"- (words of knowledge)
· the "hearing" - hearing the still-small voice or the audible voice of the Lord
· the "seeing" - visions/dreams
· the "feeling"- feeling God's heart for the people and for yourself.
- We need a generation that is not in it primarily for the giftings of God but a covenant-relationship with God.
- giftings are easily accessible but relationships take lifetime development.
- Why is the relationship with the Holy Spirit essential in building Kingdom prophetic?- John 14:"23 Jesus answered and said to him, “If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our home with him."
- The indwelling of the Father and the Son is possible through the promised indwelling of the Holy Spirit (verse "17 the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him; but you know Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you"), which was released in Acts 2 and at the time of our salvation (Eph 1:13)
-The purpose of the Holy Spirit: John 14:26 "But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.
- Before Acts 2 all the way to Genesis, the Holy Spirit was dwelling AMONG us (Gen 24:3,* Ex 25:8 "And let them make Me a sanctuary, that I may dwell among them.", Ex 29:45 & 46, Num 35:34, 1 Kings 6:13) and now He is IN us!
- We need to ask, "What is His word??" Jesus repeats it again directly in John 14:"21 He who has My commandments and keeps them, it is he who loves Me. And he who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and manifest Myself to him.” He talks about obeying His commandments again in verse 10.
- We want God to manifest Himself to us so we must ask, "What are His commandments?" to keep them.
- John 14 and 15 speaks of the importance of obeying the commandments and does not reveal what it is until John 15:"12 This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." And He emphasized it again in verse 17.
- By obeying this ONE commandment, you will receive several promises: God will answer whatever you ask/desire (v. 7, 16, John 14:13), you will bear MUCH fruit (v. 8), you will abide in God's love (v. 10), your joy would be FULL (v. 11), You are God's friend (v. 14), and the final promise is that the world will hate you (v. 19). HAHA!!